A fire broke out at an apartment in a police station compound in Mumbai’s Dadar on Sunday, a teenage girl was killed in the incident.
The girl was of 16, Shravani Chavan was napping inside a room in the apartment. She was unable to escape for safety during the fire covered the premises as her parents had locked her in the room from outside so that she would study.
“The parents had gone to a wedding on Sunday and left their daughter home. They had locked her inside to ensure that she wouldn’t go out and that she would study instead,” a police officer said. The blaze exploded by 1.45 pm in one of the quarters on the third floor.
The Chavan’s room door was locked from inside and an empty can of kerosene was discovered from the spot, according to a Fire Brigade official. She suffered from serious injuries in the incident and was hurried to the Sion Hospital. She was declared dead before admission by the doctors.
Her father is a police naik at the Vakola police station.
The fire brigade group succeeded to reduce the fires after restless efforts for three hours. A police official said short-circuit in the air conditioner at the apartment was assumed to have caused the fire.
He added, “a probe into the presence of the kerosene can in the flat was also on.”Share this to your,